Goa TT 2020
What is a Time-Trial race?
A Time Trial (TT) is a bicycle race in which cyclists race alone against the clock. TTs are also referred to as “the race of truth”, as winning depends only on each cyclist’s strength and endurance, and not on help provided by teammates and others riding ahead and creating a slipstream.
What is the Goa TT?
The Goa TT is Goa’s first Time Trial Championship, consisting of a series of 2 races to decide Goa’s fastest male and female cyclists.
What are the dates?
Race Dates :
Race 1 will be held on Sunday, the 6th of December 2020, at Bambolim, Goa.
Race 2 wil be held on Sunday, the 13th of December 2020, at Chandreshwar, Quepem, Goa.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE GOA TT?
Any male or female cyclist above the age of 16 years can participate.
How long will each race take?
Anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the rider’s ability.
Is there a cut off time to finish each race?
Yes, there will be a race-specific cut-off time. It will be announced before the start of the respective race.
How will the starting sequence be done?
Individual starts, 30 to 60 seconds apart. The starting order will be decided by the organizers, and announced 30 minutes before the start of each race. Start sequence of each race will be different.
HOW WILL THE TIMING BE DONE?
Individual participant timing will be recorded by using the Strava cycling app. In case of a discrepancy, the organizers decision will be final.
Is drafting allowed?
Drafting is not allowed.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
It is mandatory to wear a helmet.
What are the different categories of the competition?
- Men category: 16 to 30 years; 30+ to 45 years; 45+ to 60 years; 60+ years.
- Women category: – One open category.
Note: A minimum of 4 participants are required to constitute a category. If the minimum requirement of 4 participants is not met, to constitute a category organizers will have the prerogative of allowing those participants to compete in the lower age group. Similarly, women will be allowed to participate in the Men’s category, if a Womens category cannot be constituted due to lack of participants.
What are the classes for the Goa TT?
- Road Bike Class; tire width upto 32 millimeters.
- Mountain Bike Class; tire width above 32 millimeters.
Can I change my bike during the series?
Yes, but only with prior consent of the organizers. Changing of bike category will not be permitted.
What are the registration Fees?
Individual Category – Rs. 500
Student – Rs. 300
Will there be prizes?
Cash prizes of Rs. 5000/3000/1000 will be allotted to the top 3 positions in each category.
The fastest cyclist in the Men and Women category will be crowned Goa’s Fastest Cyclist of 2020.
Can I have technical support during the races?
Considering the short duration of the race, support during the race will not be allowed.
What will the race reporting time be?
Race reporting time will be 60 minutes before the start of the race. Sign-in and pre-race bike-check will close 30 minutes before the start of the race. Race start time will be notified by the respective race committee.
Are there any special COVID-19 conditions?
Every participant will have to wear a mask, covering mouth and nose, at the race venue. Mouth and nose may only be uncovered during the period from 1 minute before the start to 1 minute after the finish of each individual participants’ race. Non-compliance with these precautions will lead to immediate disqualification.
Where can I find details of the racecourse?
Please see below respective Racecourse Info Sheet. The organizers reserve the right to change / modify the racecourse, should the need arise. Any changes to the racecourse will be notified 48 hours prior to the start of the race.
Rules of Competition
- Every participant will have to wear a mask, covering mouth and nose, at the race venue. Mouth and nose may only be uncovered during the period from 1 minute before the start to 1 minute after the finish of each individual participants’ race.
- Non-compliance with these precautions will lead to immediate disqualification.
- When a rider catches up with another, the rider in front may not lead the rider behind, and the rider behind may not follow directly behind the rider in front.
- There should be a minimum distance of 10 mtrs difference between riders at all times, unless while overtaking. Process of overtaking may not last longer than 2 minutes.
- Drafting behind any vehicle is not permitted.
- Riders should not physically assist one another. Riders found physically assisting will be disqualified. This however does not apply in the case of an emergency or accident.
- Any human powered bicycle (e.g. Road/ Hybrid/ MTB/TT/ Recliner/ Fixie) may be used. Classification will be done based on tire width.
- Road Bike category will have to have tires of less than 33mm. All cycles with tires of 33mm and higher will be classified as Mountain Bikes.
- Participants will not be allowed to change their cycles during the series without prior consent of the organizers.
- No participant will be allowed to change their bike category during the event.
- Racecourse info will be shared with the participants after registration, along with the event FAQs.
- Race timing will be done via the Strava cycling mobile app. ALL participants will require to have the app pre-installed on their smartphones. The phone will have to be sufficiently charged so as to last the duration of the race. Every participant should acquaint themselves with the working of the Strava app.
- Starting order will be notified by the organisers at the start point, 30 minutes before the start of the race.
- Each rider shall report to the race venue 60 minutes before the start of the race.
- No restarts are permitted for any reason.
Organisers reserve all the rights to change/modify the course at any point in time.
- Participants shall stay to the left-hand side of the road at all times, unless overtaking another participant, or turning.
- No group of riders shall set up a pace-line for the benefit of individual/all riders in that group.
- No rider shall take place behind another rider closer than 10 meters (33 feet), unless overtaking.
- Drafting behind any vehicle is not permitted.
- Rider safety is of paramount importance. Riders should use optimal safety gear (helmet compulsory), follow all the traffic rules and respect road etiquettes.
- Liability waiver has to be completed and signed by all participants, at the time of bike-check. Participants below the age of 18 years, will require parental consent, they may contact the organizers for the parental consent form.
- Support/Marshal monitoring the event will aid a participant in case of any mishap, but won’t assist in cases of mechanical issue / rider fatigue, unless the rider declares himself unable to continue, and opts out for the race.
Personal Support Vehicles
- No personal support vehicle/crew will be allowed on the TT race course. Any self repairs / adjustments to the cycles, after the start of the race, can ONLY be done by the participant, after taking the cycle off the racecourse. Any participant found obstructing / endangering other riders will be disqualified.
Proof of Age/Identity
- All Men’s category participants will have to provide proof of age at the time of bike-check for Race 1.
- All Student participants will have to provide their student ID at the time of bike-check for Race 1. Parental consent forms will have to be handed in at the pre-race bike check at Race 1
- Organisers reserve all the rights to finalise/announce/display results and settlement of all the queries/disputes will be at the discretion of organisers.